1. What is Mobile Deposit Capture?
Mobile Deposit Capture is a convenient way to deposit checks into your checking or savings deposit account quickly and easily from a mobile device including smartphones (iPhone and Android) and tablets.
2. How do I make a deposit remotely?
- Sign into our online banking site with our Cornerstone Bank mobile app. (You can download it on Google Play or iTunes App store)
- Ensure that you are using the Mobile Site view and not the Full Site view. (see #19 to determine if you are in mobile site view or full site view)
- Once on our mobile site, click on the areas as shown below:
- Choose the account that you want to deposit into each time you make a deposit
- Be sure to endorse your check as the payee and deposit into an account of the payee
3. Can I select a default account?
No. The system requires that you select the account you want to deposit into each time.
4. How long should I keep a copy of the check?
We recommend 60 days.
5. What type of checks cannot be deposited?
- Any third party check, i.e. any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to you by such party
- Bank Checks, Treasurer’s Checks, Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders
- Any check previously converted to a “substitute check”, as defined in Regulation CC
- Any item issued to you through a financial institution in a foreign country
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency
- Any item that has been re-deposited or returned such as “Non-Sufficient Funds” or “Refer to Maker” or returned for any other reason
- Savings Bonds
6. What is the Tran ID?
A Tran ID is a confirmation that your deposit was accepted and will be subject to further review. See #9 for an explanation of a qualified deposit.
7. My check is endorsed. Why do I keep getting the error message “Endorsement Missing”?
Ensure your endorsement is done in blue or black ink and clearly visible.
8. When should I see my deposit?
- Qualified deposits made on a business day before 4pm* will be visible by 9pm that night or shortly thereafter.
*Deposits made just before 4pm may process on next business day after 9pm due to the processing time to upload your picture.
- Qualified deposits made after 4pm on a business day or weekend/holiday will be visible the following business day by 9pm or shortly thereafter. (Example: A qualified mobile deposit made on Friday at 5pm will post to your account after 9pm on the following Monday; if Monday is a bank holiday then it would be Tuesday after 9pm.)
9. What is a qualified deposit?
- A deposit that has been reviewed and accepted by the bank
- Examples of non-qualified deposits are checks listed above in item #5, checks not properly endorsed, post or stale dated checks
- You will receive a secure message within the Online Banking system if the check has been deemed unqualified
10. Will there be a hold placed on my account?
- The bank has the option of placing Case-by-Case holds
- New Accounts will have holds placed in accordance with our Funds Availability Policy
11. What are my deposit limits?
- $2,500 a day total of all checks deposited
- $6,500 a month of all checks deposited
12. Can I increase my limit?
- We may from time to time reconsider the limit; however, at this time we feel it is sufficient for most consumers. Contact 1-800-939-9103 for assistance.
- Business customers may be referred to our Cash Management area for additional service options.
13. Why can’t I see a history of checks deposited via Mobile?
- You will see accepted checks in your register by 9pm or shortly thereafter if the deposit was made prior to 4pm on a business day.
- If an item is rejected, you will receive a secure message within our Online Banking system from Customer Service informing you why the deposit was not posted.
- We are currently working on an enhancement that will show the history of deposited items.
14. Why can’t I deposit a check that was originally rejected by the system?
If you attempted a check deposit and it was rejected, there is a security setting to prevent duplicate submissions. You can make the deposit at any branch or by mail.
15. Why am I getting the message “Duplicate Check” when I have not deposited this check before?
You cannot deposit a check that shares the same Account # and Check # that was previously deposited through your mobile services.
16. Why can’t I process a deposit with my IOS (Apple Device)?
- Update your IOS (Apple) operating system to the most current version
- Update your Cornerstone Bank Mobile app
17. I have updated my Cornerstone Bank Mobile app but I still can’t make a deposit.
Completely shut down and restart your mobile device and reattempt.
18. I have attempted taking several pictures but they keep rejecting.
- Check cannot be photographed on white paper
- Background needs to be a different color than the check
- Turn off flash
- Older phones may not work
19. How do I determine if I have mobile view or full site view?
- If the screen does not appear to fit the screen on your device and the print is small, then you are most likely in full site view.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you should have the option to “View Mobile Site”. Click on that and you will have the mobile view.
- Once you switch to mobile view in our mobile app you cannot switch back to full site view.
- If you would like to have full site view restored, you would need to go to a browser and type in www.cornerstonebank.com.